LITERATURE FESTIVAL / WORKSHOPS
They say the best gift you can give a child is the gift of reading. We all agree that books are amazing and so as to raise a reader all adults must play good role models for children. So as to give an opportunity for children to completely immerse themselves in books and stories, NutSpace presents the BookNuts Children’s Literature Festival.
A festival packed with stories, book readings, author talks, drama, art & craft and much more. The idea behind this literature festival is to expose children to the wonderful world of books, stories, and learning. We have a fabulous line-up of renowned authors, storytellers, artists, filmmakers, and theatre actors to help give the right exposure to the children.
The festival aims:
- To promote literacy, creativity and intellectual development
- To promote better understanding among people of different cultures through the sharing of their stories.
- To provide an opportunity for families to participate in a wholesome educational and fun activity
- To incorporate the art of storytelling in education
- To instill the love for books, stories and reading in children
WORKSHOPS ON 21ST CENTURY SKILLS
It’s time to choose creativity over conformity and that’s what this festival of 21st-century skills aims to achieve. In the coming times, we do not need a population with similar skills in a narrow spectrum of talents. At the core of the festival lies the belief that students need to have the ability to think critically and creatively, to collaborate with others, and to communicate clearly. This will not just set them up for success in their careers, but also empower them to lead happier, healthier lives.
The festival aims to expose students to:
- Practical tips on building 21st-century skills: Creativity, Critical thinking, Communication, Collaboration
- Learn skills like recycling, problem-solving, strategizing and decision making
- Adaptable learning environments suited to collaboration and group work
- Taking ownership of community service programmes
- Finding the stories that define them as unique individuals
- Anger management & Diversity Appreciation through stories & reflection
- Interpersonal skills & Goal setting
- Leadership, risk, and teamwork: Taking the lead instead of trailing behind
- Actively seeking out new ways of doing things
- Staying in touch with the world outside of the education system.
BOOKISTAAN’S CURATED BOOK FAIR
Bookistaan, founded by Kavya Mehta, is India’s first recommendations based children’s bookstore that believes that there is a reader out there for every book and a book for every mood and we love helping the two meet. We are curators of #KidLit on a mission to bring to smaller towns the best of books from India and Abroad, bringing together Internationally popular names like Oliver Jeffers, Julia Donaldson, Neil Gaiman and distinctly Indian voices like Roopa Pai, Sudha Murty, and Devdutt Pattnaik. Each title on our shelves is carefully and purposefully handpicked by experts keeping in mind different interests, age group, and reading level, making us a bookstore that is diverse and inclusive in its choices.