Learn to Read in English using Phonics.
Online Phonics Classes for Kids aged 4-6.
Interested in our pre-recorded webinar on Phonics?
The Importance of Reading using Phonics
Reading is one of the most important skills of the 21st century. A variety of tasks in daily life require reading and understanding written instructions. If children do not learn to read, they cannot read to learn.
Even though the gap is huge, it needs to be filled with immediate action. The solution for this is teaching them how to read using systematic synthetic phonics.
NutSpace offers the best Phonics Program.
What is Phonics?
- The English alphabet is made up of letters and each letter has a sound. The ability to decode these sounds is called Phonics.
- However, the language is more complex than just those 26 sounds (phonemes).
- There are essentially 44 sounds that one should be able to identify in order to read effectively. Since there are many ways in which the 26 letters of the alphabet can be used and arranged.
Why Teach Reading with Phonics?
Suhava has started reading storybooks after learning about digraphs at NutSpace. I am so happy. Thank you for being part of this journey.
I am so glad that I enrolled Aaron for NutSpace’s Phonics Stories Program. Seeing him improve his reading skills gives me so much joy.
Sanchi has started making efforts to read new words and is able to read them successfully most of the times. Thanks a lot.
- Phonics follows a methodical and structured approach to learning how to read.
- Since it is a methodology that is logical, it encourages young learners to read quickly and accurately. Children who learn to read by way of phonics have greater accuracy and reading speed.
- They also have superior comprehension skills with great vocabulary.
The NutSpace Phonics Stories Program
An intensive phonics course that helps your child become a reader in just 25 classes.
- We use a multisensory approach considering the short attention span of a young learner.
- Stories are an excellent way to put across any concept in a fun, engaging way
- Our program has stories at its core ensuring children are not just learning how to read but also enhancing their vocabulary and language skills.
- We focus on comprehension in a big way, for what is the fun of reading when you can’t understand what the written word means?
- Games, music, body movement, role play, and drama are a big part of our lesson plans ensuring active engagement on the part of children. We have seen the most reluctant learners warming up because of our engaging lesson plans.
- Pre-recorded lessons, extended learning, tutorials for parents, and worksheets can be done at home via our Learning Management System (LMS). Support & Training for Parents.
Support and Training For Parents
Videos like this & many more will be provided in the LMS to help build a strong foundation and enable reinforcement.
- Parents play a very important role in setting a strong foundation in a child’s reading journey, and we believe in empowering the parents by way of constant support and training.
- Our LMS is a repository of training videos, worksheets, story videos, games and activities. Each child and parent, signed up for the programme, also receives year-long access to these resources by way of the LMS.
- A great way to follow-up classroom learnings and take up additional learnings, the LMS is a treasure trove of information that promises to deliver to all your child’s learning needs.
FAQs on Our Phonics Classes
What are the resources provided with NutSpace’s Online Phonics Classes?
NutSpace follows the Jolly Phonics methodology with NutSpace’s own unique delivery method. We have made a few changes in the structure to make learning easier and in line with what the child is learning at school, avoiding conflicts. We provide ample worksheets, pre-recorded videos for better recall, videos for parents, and also books from Jolly Phonics. We need your support to engage with your child in this learning journey as you explore the course and material together.
Why to trust NutSpace’s Phonics Classes?
Nutspace phonics classes have been designed by Rohini Vij, who is an early years educator and storyteller. Her immense experience as a teacher and teacher trainer have given her a clear understanding of the gaps in language learning in the early years. Her experience as a storyteller gives her a natural flair for using storytelling as a pedagogy. She has trained thousands of teachers across the country in the art of storytelling and phonics. She is a certified Jolly Phonics Trainer. She has also conducted various sessions for Pratham Books, CBSE Reading Mission, KITE TV, various state board and Army Schools, Govt. of Himachal Pradesh etc. She is also a listed expert on HP’s Print Learn Center.
What’s the Structure of NutSpace’s Online Phonics Classes?
We have 25 sessions of 1 hour each. There are 2 classes per week. The 25 sessions are divided into 2 levels. In the first level, children learn single letter sounds. In the second level, children learn digraph sounds. We begin blending from the first class itself.
How many children are there in NutSpace’s Online Phonics Classes?
NutSpace does not conduct 1:1 classes. All our classes, including our online phonics classes, are very interactive and need active participation by children. All our classes are multi-disciplinary in nature and we try to build overall confidence, communication skills, and life skills in children. This is only possible if there is ample peer interaction. Our online phonics classes have a teacher: child ratio of 1:6. Children from different parts of the country, in fact, different parts of the world join in and share their experiences. There is so much more to learn in our classes than just phonics. Children learn from each other, get encouraged by each others’ progress and on the way make new bonds and friendships. We have successfully completed over 15 online phonics batches since 2020, with 90% of children becoming level 1 readers. Do check out the parent testimonials.
Will children get confused with what they are learning at school?
No. Children do not get confused with how they are learning to read at school. Children know how to compartmentalize and segregate the two learning methods. Parents must encourage the children to use the synthetic phonics method as it will help them even later on when they learn to read bigger words. It will also help them with their spelling. In case you feel that the child is struggling or getting confused, you can always inform our facilitator and he/she will find a way to help your child.
Is Synthetic Phonics Really helpful?
There is a lot of debate surrounding the use of synthetic phonics in teaching children to read. Some experts believe that it is an effective way to teach children how to read, while others argue that the method is not effective and can even be harmful. The main evidence for and against synthetic phonics comes from studies conducted on the subject. However, the results of these studies are often disputed, making it difficult to make a clear judgment on the matter. However, at NutSpace we have been using synthetic phonics since 2016, and have seen tremendous success with children. We personally feel that synthetic phonics does really work well, especially when English is taught as a second language.
Do you provide Jolly Phonics Books?
Yes. Our phonics course includes 12 books from Jolly Phonics along with other material created by us. The cost of the books are included in the fees.
Do you offer the best online phonics classes in India?
We put in all our effort to make our phonics course engaging. Parents who have enrolled in our phonics classes have seen results and have gone back happy. Their children have started making efforts to read independently, some of them also became fluent level one readers after our phonics program. We do not know if we offer the best online phonics classes in India, but we definitely are goal-oriented and will be by your side and by the side of your child to help him/her become a reader.
What After the Phonics Stories Program?
For 5Y - 7Y olds
- Focus on reading fluency, comprehension, vocabulary & confidence building.
- 12 Classes: Consists of 6 book readings, role-play, games, activities and presentation.
- Includes 12 books for extended reading at home.
- Access to NutSpace LMS
For 6Y - 8Y olds
- Research shows that spelling, reading, writing & comprehension skills are closely linked.
- 25 Classes: Focus on spelling strategies, fun mnemonics, rules & concepts to learn spelling in a logical non-rote manner, sentence construction, conversation skills & reading.
- Access to NutSpace LMS
For 7Y - 10Y olds
- Interactive and highly rewarding for independent readers.
- 12 Classes: Explore a chapter book, learn figures of speech & literary devices.
- Segment on social-emotional learning, general & cultural awareness.
- Includes book & LMS