This is an aboriginal tale all the way from Australia. In this story, there is a wombat and a kangaroo that got along just fine but one fine day something happens and they begin plotting revenge on one another. What will happen when they finally execute their wicked plans?
Story from Australia: How the Kangaroo got its Tails & Wombat its Flat-head?
Do you think it was selfish of the wombat to not let the kangaroo in?
What would you do if someone came to your house asking for help? Would you be able to say no?
I suppose, if someone comes to us for help, one must always offer help.
Now let’s think about what the kangaroo did? Since the wombat treated him badly he got really angry and hurt him. Do you think that was the right thing to do?
Do let us know what you think by leaving your thoughts in the comments below. Parents, please talk about this with your children and let us know what they say.
One must remember that no matter how to hurt one is, anger is never the way to react. Hurting another will only hurt oneself more. It’s wrong to hurt them back because revenge just never ends. So even if the wombat was mean to the kangaroo the kangaroo could have let it go.
Did you know:
- Australian Aboriginal Myths or stories are also known as Dreamtime or Dream-time. They are performed by the aboriginals. These are symbolic of the accumulated wisdom of time immemorial which they also refer to as the Dreamtime.
- Aboriginals are Australia’s indigenous people.
- These migrated to Australia from Asia some 30000 years ago.
- The oral tradition of storytelling forms aboriginal’s vibrant cultural life.
- Kangaroos and Wombats are both marsupials, which means that they are both animals with pouches, where their babies live until they are big and strong. Isn’t that amazing?
Meaning of Grumpy
Meaning of Vengeance
Meaning of Stomp
Meaning of Pour
Subscribe to our Youtube Channel for More VocabActs: Vocabulary Videos
And since natives lived amidst nature, they needed to hunt for their food. They used a boomerang for that.
Look at this video to see how a boomerang works. A boomerang is made of wood and can be thrown like a frisbee, however, boomerangs, when thrown correctly, can return to the thrower.